04 January 2016

Recycled Mistakes


I fell to shambles in the battle,
Torn down by recycled mistakes.
I lay in the mud and gasped for breath.
I thought that I was strong, but I’m not.
And now that there’s mud in my teeth and blood under my fingernails,
I know. I have fallen. Again.

I shall rise.

For I believe in a day where all of this mess will break forth into a masterpiece.
I believe in a day with no more sin to weigh us downward.
I believe in a day where all of the same mistakes that used to torment me will be no more.

Perhaps it is good to lay in the mud of the battlefield,
For I must realize that I am weak,
That I need something more than my tin can armor that I fashioned for myself,
More than my make-believe piety to get me safely through this life.
I need a Savior. Every single day.

There is One, a Holy One,
My Captain, my King,
Whose banner I hold clutched in my fist,
Whose name I have emblazoned on my soul.
This Man walked forth from the tomb.

He rose.

The dawn, it comes red with blood and grace.

12 comments :

  1. Amazing reminder.

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot Hannah! What a great reminder that without Christ we are nothing! Philippians 4:13 says: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." and I like to mentally add, "And ONLY through him who strengthens me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the title. Screamed a little bit because WOAHAHHAHAHAH. It's so good. Apparently your dumbest poems are the ones that mean the most to me. <3<3<3

    gotta go do science ahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *throws up* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there. You commented. XD <3 Glad I can guilt you into things. ;-D Love ya. And thank you. :-D

      Delete
  4. This is really good. I often feel despondent at the start of a New Year because it's been another year of making the same old mistakes. It's encouraging to remember that I never can be good on my own anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I'm kind of the same way. As an extreme visionary I kind of explore the possibilities of the entire year--and when I'm in a slump of repeating mistakes that's what I see in the future, I guess..... But yeah. God is good enough for all of our mistakes.

      Delete
  5. Have you ever thought of writing songs? Like, actually pursuing songs and poetry? I bet you could get published.

    I like the bit about the banner. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haaaaaaaaave.....but songs are not really my forte because I'm lame at rhyming, sadly. I would LOVE to write songs.... but yeah, not super good at it. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  6. Hello, I have recently tagged you for a Liebster Award, if you want to check it out please go to my blog: thatdenbykid.blogspot.com
    The post shall explain all!
    Thank You!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey-o! I like comments a lot. Please comment. I'll write back. I'll send you virtual chocolate and all that good stuff if you do. I'm not desperate. Maybe. Just comment, wouldja?