11 September 2015

The Girl of Sunshine and Stars

Photo creds I think Addy.
~To Cally-Girl~

She grew up.
She was always growing,
Always growing.
Like a fiery field of dandelions she let her seed go to the wind,
And she knew that it would not return empty.
She knew the world was more than sorrow,
So she woke up early to catch the first of the morning dew,
And stayed up late for the expanse of the sky to pour crystals down.
It was her joy that tore at my chest and set me aching,
Her hands, so ready to work, that humbled me.
She was the sunrise, a golden glow that shone through my grey dawn.
Oh, she was the fiercest dying star that ever shot across the midnight sky.
She grew, but she never lost her childhood,
She planted it firmly in her heart where it became a mighty oak
To weather every chaotic bruising that the world would toss her way.
She grew, but she never lost her God.
She climbed the insurmountable heights of injury,
Swam the unsearchable depths of loneliness,
And bore the cost of every sharp word that ensnared her between stones.
She loved until it broke her heart to pieces on the ground,
And from her knees she cried out for a greater love that would not break,
Because she had the courage of a lioness.
She grew up, emblazoned by the heart of her God,
Radiant in the image of the Captain of her soul.
Never had I seen such passion of heart, such love,
Never had I seen such a story of endless grace.
It broke me.
Yet it built me up again with firmer stones.

Oh, girl of laughter and light,
Never forget where your home lies,
For your God is waiting on the shoreline.
Run to Him, my girl, run with all your might. 

14 comments :

  1. oh oh oh.

    this is so beautiful i've burst into a gazillion smithereens <3<3 *grins grins* i've never met cally but this is exactly how i pictured her. and this beautiful description of your friend just makes me so happy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *puts your gazillion smithereens back together* Cally is pretty much the best ever.

      Delete
  2. This is definitely so much like Cally <3 *squeals because this post is giving me the warm and fuzzies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you. I'm so glad to have the privilege to even endeavor to write something for her. She is too wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Hannah...<3 This. this. so. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CALLY IS SWEET. <3 Thanks for your comment, Lauren!

      Delete
  4. "She grew, but she never lost her childhood,
    She planted it firmly in her heart where it became a mighty oak
    To weather every chaotic bruising that the world would toss her way."

    Yaassssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *claps*

    Long live Cally in all her splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWW
    Cally is sooo sweet and you're soo sweet <33
    this is giving me fuzzies in my tummy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, she is amazing. And thank you! You're awesome, Autumn!

      Delete
  7. *cries forever*

    you mighty bean. <3 <3 <3 i love you more than those crazy planets in the deep space. thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey-o! I like comments a lot. Please comment. I'll write back. I'll send you virtual chocolate and all that good stuff if you do. I'm not desperate. Maybe. Just comment, wouldja?