02 September 2015

Monday (?) Madness S1 P11

Yes, I'm back. Yes, I shall tell you about my trip. With pictures.

But first I must do as my brother Brendan oh wait this is not Ashtown this is Monday Madness. Apologies.

First I must update you on Keilah's world. Because let's face it, it's much more interesting than my life.

These are Treskie's sketches of Keilah and I was so excited that I had to have them in this post. She is too cool for school. Oh and Treskie's cool too. ;-D 
The rain came down heavily, all of the sudden, it seemed, and Eli and I were soaked in seconds. I was, though I'd never tell him, quite grateful for the hoodie. But the rain stopped further conversation for the moment, which was alright, because I needed time to mull things over.

Now that things were piecing together in some form of sense, and now that I was actually starting to believe this kid (though I wasn't sure exactly why, except that he did, now that I thought about it, have some similar facial features as I did), I actually felt a little flutter of excitement in my chest. I mean, who doesn't when there's some sort of mystery surrounding themselves?

I looked at Eli almost shyly from underneath the hood. He was checking his watch. Just then a car drove up slowly and came to a stop right beside us. Eli grinned as the driver rolled down the passenger-side window and raised his hand in greeting.

He was definitely another brother. The family resemblance was so strong that I glanced in the mirror and saw it in my face too.

"Hop in, Li!" said the driver brightly.

"She prefers Keilah," said Eli as he opened the door for me. "Keilah, this is Meng."

"Hi," I said, in a little bit of embarrassment. It had to be the oddest thing in the world to be introduced to your long lost brothers like this.

But all oddness aside, it was rather nice having older brothers show up like that because it meant I got out of a really bad situation.

"So, um, are you going to let me call my...my, uh, parents?" I said, shifting in my seat as Meng pulled out.

Eli gave me a sad look and I almost wished that I hadn't mentioned it, but then again, I mean, they did adopt me. And honestly? They probably would have adopted the whole brood had they known that there was a whole brood.

"They'll be worried," I added.

Meng dug into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone, then handed it back to me. "Yeah, 'course."

I quickly dialed my home number and tapped my fingers impatiently on the car door. It rang, and rang, and rang. I bit my lip and glanced at the clock. My dad would be home from work, and my mom should definitely be around. And my brothers (the non-biological ones) should also be home. The answering machine picked up and I sighed.

After the tone, I said, "Hi Mom and Dad, it's Keilah. It's been a crazy day and I'm sure you're wondering where I am, but I'm fine and I'll be home as soon as I can but...um...well it's hard to explain. I love you." I hesitated for a moment before saying goodbye, because it seemed like there was something else important to tell them but I wasn't sure what.

Just before I hung up, someone picked up.

"If you ever want to see your family again, you'll be at the park-n-ride in ten minutes."

They hung up.

I dropped the phone on the car floor.

9 comments :

  1. FIRST OF ALL.... BROS. YASS. i LIKE BROS.

    I also like giant hoodies on people.

    ..... I feel like you should work Connor into this. (I Can never remember if you spell it with an "or" or an "er" and it's driving me nuts.) Like yass. And wait hang on, I'm confused. How long has she been adopted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEEEEEE. I LOVE BROS. So much. And yes I like giant hoodies too.

      It's Connor. With an "o". Conner looks weird. But weirdly enough Connor with an o gets a red squiggly line under it. O.o

      Anyway.

      She's been adopted for fourteen years--she was adopted when she was two. *waggles eyebrows*

      Delete
    2. OH. lol.

      Okay, I shall remember that. (AND I THINK THE RED SQUIGGLY LINE IS WHY I'M NEVER SURE.)

      Okey doke..... mm

      Delete
    3. WHY DOES IT DO THAT?!?!?!? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

      Delete
  2. ALSO I FORGOT. I WAS LIKE HAIIIIIIII I KNOW DOSE DRAWING. i DID DOSE DRAWINGS. HAAAI. OKay that's all. lol thanks for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAHHHH YOU DID DOSE DRAWINGS. XD I always like to mention you. :-D

      Delete
  3. *BITES OFF ALL HER FINGERNAILS*

    MORE.
    PLEASE.

    this is so good omg. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH and yes Treskie's drawing are DA BOMMMMMMB.

      Delete
    2. SOON.
      MAYBE. XD

      Thank you; I'm so glad you like it!

      And um yes Treskie is pretty much amazing. *throws confetti at her*

      Delete

Hey-o! I like comments a lot. Please comment. I'll write back. I'll send you virtual chocolate and all that good stuff if you do. I'm not desperate. Maybe. Just comment, wouldja?